23 February, 2010

Little Chocolate Cups

This made a tremendous Valentine's surprise, though you do not need a reason to make them. While savoring, we had fun talking about all the different kinds of filling this would work with, and came up with great ideas. More to come! ;P

I found this recipe on the Making Food And Other Stuff blog -the pictures alone are incredible. Just plug in chocolate in the search box and you should find it.

My results may have a bit of a rough draft look to them (he, he), giving me yet another excuse to try it again. Looks did not affect taste one bit though, let me tell you. :D

I'm going to do 2 things:
1. give you the original recipe
2. tell you what I actually did (remember, I don't follow directions very well... sigh...)

Original recipe:
10 squares Bakers Chocolate (unsweetened)
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp sugar (stevia)
1/4 C peanut butter
1 Tbsp flax seeds
1/2 Lrg banana
1 Tbsp cocoa powder

Don't forget the small / mini paper cups to pour the chocolate in.

Before starting this recipe, I had to consider the intended recipient: someone with specific tastes when it comes to sweets, so already the flax seeds were out, and I opted for semi-sweet Bakers Chocolotes instead of the unsweetened.

Little Chocolate Cups:
1. Melt chocolate on low heat, add vanilla and stir well (add salt if desired). Continue melting until smooth texture is achieved.
2. Using about 1/2 of the chocolate, pour 1-2 tsp into each paper cups. Place in freezer for 5mn.
3. Smash the banana in a bowl and mix it until creamy consistency. Add peanut butter and mix well (extra cocoa powder and flax seeds added here).
- Since I wanted the inside fillings to contrast with the outer chocolate, as well as retain its own separate "taste," I choose to leave the cocoa out (omitted flax seeds addressed above).


4. Drop 1/2 Tbsp or so of filling onto the frozen chocolate cups.
5. Top with the remaining chocolate. Gently direct the chocolate with a spoon to insure that the fillings are completely covered. Place back in freezer.

And now comes the best part... Eating!


hmmmm....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...